CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Breakfast with "my girls"!

When I say "my girls" it could be referring to so many groups. I confuse my husband. I often refer to Ember & Kya as "the girls", and I used to (and still do) call my Young Women "my girls". But one other group that I always refer to as this is my high school friends. There were a variety of girls (and of course guys) that I was friends with in high school, but there are 3 girls I specifically call "my girls". The 4 of us try to get together as often as we can, but lately our get togethers are few and far between. Lyndsey lived out of state for a while, but has been back for a couple years. Angel has been living out of state for quite a few years and just recently moved back. And Anj works full time. Even though we're all finally back in Utah it's been hard to find a time when all of us can get together. But all of us, minus Anj, got together at my house last week for breakfast. I made them my specialty and my favorite meal IN THE WORLD....."Stuffed French Toast". There are many versions of this delicious meal, but don't be fooled. Not all Stuffed French Toast is created equal. Originally I fell in love with the kind that they used to serve at Village Inn many years ago. Anj and I would often ditch school to go to Village Inn for this tasty treat. Then they stopped serving it. About 6 years ago IHOP came up with their own version and introduced it just a few days before my birthday. So Matthew, knowing that I LOVED it, decided to take me there for my birthday. They sucked! They were nothing like the ones from Village Inn. So Matthew set out on a quest to find a good recipe. He found one and for Mother's Day he prepared it for me. It is absolute heaven and now it has become a tradition at our house to make it for my birthday breakfast and Mother's Day.

Anyway, enough about that deliciousness..... I had a great time with my girls and was sad to see them go because who knows when we'll actually get together again. We of course had to do our traditional picture taking, but since we didn't have another grown up around to take it, we enlisted Lyndsey's 4 year old to take it. Her first attempt looked like this:


Here's our cute little photographer.....


This one actually turned out pretty good all things considered.....


Thanks for the fun times, Angel and Lyndsey! We missed you Anj!!!


For any of you who would like to create heaven for yourself, here is the recipe for it plus the DELICIOUS syrup that goes on top:

Stuffed French Toast
1 loaf of French bread (I prefer the Walmart kind for this recipe)
8 oz. package of cream cheese (you may want to go with light - this recipe is loaded with calories)
1/4 - 1/3 cup of orange marmalade
3 eggs
1/3 cup milk

Prepare "stuffing" by mixing the cream cheese (softened) with the marmalade and set aside. Prepare the egg mixture by beating the eggs and milk together and set aside. Then cut the bread into 1 1/2" thick slices. Cut a slit into the top of each slice that allows you to put the stuffing inside the bread. Put the cream cheese mixture inside each slice then coat each side in the egg mixture and place on griddle. Brown each side.

Orange Syrup
1/2 C sugar
1/2 C butter
6 oz. concentrate orange juice

Mix all ingredients together in a saucepan on the stove. Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes. (I put this together and let it be cooking while I make the SFT. It's usually perfectly done by the time the SFT is ready.)

0 comments: