CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Happy Birthday to ME! :)

I officially entered my final year in my twenties yesterday. Yikes! We kind of ended up celebrating all weekend. I like to think of my birthday as kind of a kickoff to Spring and so for it I always want to do basically the same thing.....have a picnic lunch at the park as a family and play tennis after. We've tried to do this the past couple years and it has never worked out very well because of the weather, and I knew it was going to be yucky weather on my birthday again this year.....BUT, it was supposed to be beautiful on Saturday so we planned to do my park thing then. It was a little windy, but all in all it was a gorgeous Spring day! My plan finally worked. We had so much fun at the park. Lisa and Kyle went and bought a football and a couple frisbees to play with, which came in handy because we had to wait our turn quite a while for the tennis courts. It turns out I'm not very good at frisbee and twice ended up throwing it into a backyard. Oops!

I love this picture of Peyton because you can see she ditched her bottle and ran off.




Kya enjoyed holding Kylee so the adults could play some frisbee. I think she would hold her 24-7 if she could.


On Sunday we celebrated with Matthew's side of the family. My in-laws cooked one of my favorite meals.....roast beef, mashed potatoes, and ASPARAGUS! My mother-in-law even tried out a new recipe and made an asparagus soup. She originally planned on making it an entirely asparagus themed meal, but my sensible father-in-law reminded her that there would be others eating that don't necessarily like asparagus. :) It was all so good and my stinky pee afterwards was worth all the delicious asparagus I had. (For those of you who don't know, asparagus makes your pee smell extremely horrible!)


I started my actual birthday with a nice back rub/scratch (heaven!) from Matthew and ended it the same way. And then Matthew helped the children make me breakfast in bed. The kids all presented me with their cute little home-made cards. Even Logan had written his name and drawn me a picture. And thank goodness we ended up doing my picnic at the park, etc... on Saturday. Yesterday we woke up to SNOW!!! I knew it was going to be a yucky day but I had not predicted snow! It seemed like an otherwise reasonable day, just a little chilly. I really thought it would all melt pretty quickly and be gone and done. Nope! It only got yuckier and yuckier as the day went on. Blech!!! BUT, Matthew had taken the day off, and so in spite of the stupid ol' weather I had a really fun day. We did get a chance to go out to lunch (at JCW's....my favorite!), but other than that we mostly just ran errands and even had Logan and Peyton with us most of the time, but it was still so much fun just being with him. I just love spending time with him. For dinner we went to Pier 49 (another one of my fave's) with Kalun and Kristi and then they came over afterwards and we all played Rockband and had banana splits/ice-cream sundaes. Yum!


Matthew downloaded the entire No Doubt greatest hits album for me on Rockband and Lisa and I had a great time singing our butts off. We have both been a little hoarse lately, and after singing we were hardly able to talk. But it was fun!! And Lisa got me the most wonderful gift.....some super cute flip-flops! What a nice hint that soon it will be flip-flop weather! I can NOT wait!!! And to top it all off, at the end of the day my friend Angela brought over the most BEAUTIFUL bouquet of flowers for me. I had "won" the bid for them in our service auction at our Enrichment activity last week and had told her that if she was able to bring them on my birthday, it would be perfect. And she did, and they were absolutely the icing on the cake. I LOVE flowers any time, but especially on a bleak, yucky weathered day.


Thank you to everyone who called me, texted me, wrote on my Facebook wall, hung out with me or did anything else to make my birthday so wonderful!!!

1 comments:

Hollie said...

You are sooooo cute! All your pics are darling. I'm glad you had a good birthday, and that bouquet of flowers is gorgeous!