CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 19, 2009

It's not just there for decor....


A special thank you to Kyle for "murdering" my little hand mixer. A few weeks ago he was using it to mix something and.....it died! We got it as a wedding present so it has lasted almost 10 years, and it was actually not even giving us any problems, so it was kind of surprising that it just died like that. But I was actually quite happy because now I could maybe justify buying a Kitchenaid Mixer like I've been wanting. (I promise I didn't secretly pay Kyle to kill my hand mixer!) We had just gotten our tax return and had a little extra money and I found an AMAZING deal on it (it's the Professional 6 quart one that normally retails for $499 and I got it for $176 + tax BRAND NEW!!!). I'll admit it, I had been afraid that I'd finally get one and not use it as much as I swore I would. But that has NOT been the case. I have been little miss Betty Crocker....and have gained 5 lbs. in the process. No joke! But hey, I've had fun doing it. I find myself just looking for ways to use it and things to make. I absolutely LOVE this mixer!!!!!

1 comments:

SNSsoup said...

Aren't they the BEST!!! Until about a year ago all I used to beat or whip things with was a hand mixer too, but I burned 3 motors out on 3 different ones so like you, I felt justified in FINALLY buying a Kitchenaid. I had the hardest time deciding what COLOR I wanted to buy mine in- they make them in so many colors!!! They're totally worth the money, my friend inherited a green kitchenaid her grandma had for years since the 70's and it STILL runs FABULOUS!!! After buying mine- I found myself one night, late at night, watching QVC during which they devoted a whole hour to the mixer. It can really do some AMAZING STUFF. I wish I needed the meat grinder attatchment, it looked so fancy, but I'm not a butcher and prefer to buy my meat arleady ground- but I DID REALLY LIKE the pasta maker attatchment thingy you can put on the mixer- I've thought of buying it just so I can trying making my own wheat free pasta. Anyhow- I whole heartedly agree with you and say KITCHENAID's are fabulous- I'm happy you're enjoying yours!!!