CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Kylee's home!




It's been a while since I've updated and so much has happened, so I have a lot to catch up on. First of all, the biggest news of all.....Kylee is home! She has been for nearly two weeks actually. Life's just been a little crazy. But all in all she ended up being in the NICU for 2 weeks and 2 days. When they brought her home it seemed like pretty much our whole family was sick, so they actually had to stay kind of quarantined in their room for a while. So even once she was home we didn't get to see her very often. But we have FINALLY all been starting to feel better in the past few days and they've been able to bring her around us more and more. I've still only held her ONCE though since they've been home. Mostly because I've been sick and haven't dared hold her in fear of getting her sick and sending her back to the NICU, but also because it's a rare occasion if Kyle allows anyone to hold "his" baby. LOL Lisa and I joke that he's a baby-hog. The other day we were watching something on TV and Kyle had been holding Kylee, but he had to go get something and for some STRANGE reason he put her down instead of taking her with him. So Lisa picked her up and said, "I bet Kyle will say something when he gets back." Sure enough, as soon as Kyle got back, he sat down and looked at Lisa with a weird look and just said, "Why do you have her?" We all started laughing. Up until that point I don't even think Kyle realized what a hog he was with her. He just absolutely adores that little girl, and I'm pretty sure she feels the same way about him. She will not take her eyes off Kyle when he's holding her. They have a very sweet little bond.

So all in all things are good at our house, just a little crazier than usual. But we're all finally getting over our nasty colds and the weather is getting better so the kids have been able to get outside more instead of bouncing off the walls inside. Here's to hoping the weather keeps getting better and better.....instead of snowing like it did today!



Matthew and I got a chance to go see her and hold her a couple times while she was still in the NICU. Once we were even lucky enough to get there just in time to feed her.


Here's Kylee on her way home.....FINALLY!

My mom came to help me with my kids (I'd been having one of "those" days - thanks Mom!!!) the day before Kylee came home and we weren't expecting Kylee to be discharged when she did, so my Mom was still there when they brought her home. She was SOOO happy because she hadn't gotten to even see her yet.



I love when babies yawn and Kylee's seem to be even bigger and more dramatic than your average baby.

Here's one of her goofy faces that she pulls.


Peacefully sleeping....in her daddy's shirt. They're two peas in a pod.

One of the rare occasion that Lisa got to hold her. ;)

Auntie Lauren (Kyle's aunt) came for a visit.

I don't know if you can read her onesie, but it says "Daddy's Little Valentine", and in deed she was. She was barely discharged the day before Valentine's Day, so she was one nice, little Valentine gift. :)

0 comments: