CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Girls Night Out!


Last Friday I had the opportunity to take September and Kya to a U of U gymnastics meet. My mom had given me a voucher that was good for up to 6 people for any meet. We invited the girls best friends, Ariel and Courtney, and their mom, Michelle. Besides the fact that these four girls are practically inseparable and we thought it would be fun for all of them, Michelle just got diagnosed a couple months ago with cancer and I thought it might be nice for her to have a nice Girls Night Out.

We went on the best night because it was the final meet of the year so it was Senior Night and they had a special ceremony at the beginning honoring a couple of the girls who were Seniors and this was their last meet. One of them was Kristina Baskett (?) who is currently ranked #2 in the nation! The other one was Nina Kim who is ranked #9 in the nation AND who happens to be the best friend of Olympic gold-medalist, Nastia Liukin! And guess who happened to be there supporting her friend....Nastia! Too bad we didn't realize it until I read it in the paper a couple days later. She was standing right next to her during the ceremony and I thought it looked an awful lot like her, but I didn't think it was very likely. Man, I wish I would've taken a picture!!!

Kristina Baskett doing her floor routine. Check out those legs!!

Nina Kim and Kristina Baskett. They both did amazing that night. Kristina actually received a perfect 10 for her performance on the bars.

We broke records for attendance. I believe they said it was the biggest crowd they'd had since '93.

Anyway, the meet was awesome and it reminded me of how much I LOVE watching gymnastics. I took for about 6 years or so when I was little, but never had intentions of doing much more than have fun. But I still love to watch the sport. The girls all loved it too and even started making plans to be in the olympics someday. :) September has wanted to take gymnastics for a long time and I think she'd be a natural. She's just got a "gymnasts body" and is VERY flexible! I guess we'll have to look into it.




1 comments:

Hollie said...

how fun! i love gymnastics and by the way, you look so pretty in those pictures!