CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Help! I need some input!

I've been seriously considering redesigning and renaming my blog lately. I LOVE the gerber daisies in the corner (they're my favorite flowers!) and I actually really like the black. But I've just been looking for ways in my life to "lighten up" (like having Lisa do highlights in my hair!), and I think that maybe my BLACK blog could use a lightening up makeover. I also want to rename it to incorporate more of a "family" flair, instead of sounding so personal. (Not that it would make the content any different.....it's already all about my family. That IS my life after all!) So I've been playing around with some fun alliterations, which is funny because I get bugged when other people do this because it's so "typical Mormon mom blog", but I did it for this blog and now I find myself doing the same thing trying to come up with a family name! A pretty obvious one I came up with is "Cluff Clan" and I couldn't help but think of the similarity to the Ku Klux Klan. I absolutely do NOT condone the actions of the KKK, but I started thinking it would be pretty funny to name my blog the "Cu Cluff Clan". So my question is.....is that funny/clever or offensive? I personally think it's pretty funny, but I can see how it could be construed as offensive and I absolutely do NOT want to offend anyone. What do ya'll think? Also, what sites do you recommend for blog templates? HELP!!!

5 comments:

Donna Stocking said...

How abouts Cluffs Notes (Like Cliffs Notes.....where you get homework help) If that name is available!!! Or Cluff's Sunny Daisies ......Sunny Daisies Make me Smile (It's upbeat and happy!!)

Kenny and Kelli Ray said...

I think I would stay away from Cu Cluff Clan. Although it is kind of funny, I can DEFINITELY see how it could be offensive. And I think lightening up(getting rid of the black)is a GREAT idea. The black is so hard on your eyes to read. :) Good luck with the update. I really like thecutestblogontheblock.blogspot.com for templates.

JSSox said...

H aha ha ha ah ah! Cu Cluff Clan. That is hilarious Laura. Yeah, I don't think its the best idea, but funny to think about. I like moms idea about Cluffnotes, especially if you use their yellow and black look.
http://www.cliffsnotes.com

Or you could do:
- Hillary Cluff
-I (c)luff you
-coo coo for cluff-co pops

j/k on all these.

Hollie said...

Definite no on Cu Cluff Clan! LOL! I like changing my background to fit with the seasons, and I use cutestblogontheblock also. I kind of like the Cuckoo Cluff idea from your brother! :) I'll think of some title that sounds momish and get back to you.

Hollie said...

How about Cluff Corner or Clips from the Cluff's. I actually like Laura's loopy life, it fits! :)