CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Itty Bitty Ball: Days 3-6


Day 3 - Football
Logan participated a little more than usual on this day, which was a little strange because out of the four main sports, football is the one he's played the least. Don't get me wrong, he still did a lot of dancing/walking around scatterbrained and/or lolly-gagging, but he was finally a little more involved. Perhaps his lack of knowledge though is to blame for the little incident I caught here on video.



I thought it was pretty funny, but when I showed it to Matthew he was a little mad at me that I would laugh at Logan for doing that. Come on, it's not like he was throwing punches to be a bully....the poor kid was just trying to defend his flag! ;) (Which if you watch closely you can see that he doesn't even realize it did get taken until much later.) O.k. apparently we need to teach him a bit more about how the game is meant to be played.


Day 4 - Soccer
Soccer is one of the main sports that Logan has had a bit of practice with, so I was really surprised to see him hardly even participate. He normally LOVES soccer! We got him a soccer ball for his birthday last year and when he opened it up he had to stop in the middle of opening his gifts to play an impromptu game of soccer. But apparently he doesn't understand the concept of the game on the level of team playing.

Peyton wandered out onto the court and I didn't even notice until I took this picture and suddenly realized that Peyton had made it into the picture. She just kept getting so excited about seeing Logan out there and kept wanting to go join him.

Sneaky, sneaky!!!


Day 5 - Volleyball
Really? Volleyball for 3-4 year olds? This was kind of a rough day for both the kids and the coaches. There just wasn't a whole lot to do with the kids, so they had to just play games or dance to music at some stations. Logan ironically did really well with the things they did do though. Which shouldn't really surprise me at this point since it seemed like he did really well and enjoyed the sports he's never really done, and showed hardly any interest in the sports he does typically do.


Here's Peyton sneaking into the action....again! I don't know how she avoided getting trampled! And I love how you can see Kalun in the background against the wall.....you know he's just waiting for the ball to come his way so he can have an excuse to "play". He's such a big kid!


Day 6 - Final Day
On the last day they just rotated between football, soccer and basketball doing scrimmages. In between station 1 and 2 they played duck-duck-goose. Logan turned out to be what seemed like the only kid that didn't get picked and he just kind of sat in an area by himself with looks on his face that broke my heart! Eventually the coach just kind of "pushed" him with his foot to the center where all the kids who had been picked were sitting. It kind of bothered me and I probably got more upset about it than I should've. I guess I had just been kind of bugged by his coach the whole time and this was sort of the final straw. He was not the type that should be with 3-4 year olds. I felt like he expected so much from the kids and only focused on the ones that could play. Hello! I thought I was paying for a program that was going to TEACH my kid some fundamentals of how to play these sports, not just to give them an opportunity to "play" a bunch of different sports while being supervised. Apparently I was wrong! I know I probably sound so ornery and I'm sure I'm making a bigger deal out of it than I should, but I've just kind of been in an easily irked mood lately anyway. I guess if I want my son to learn how to play sports I'm either going to have to fork out some major dough, or get out there myself. OR have his Dad teach him. Which after hearing my orneriness about it, and showing Matthew videos of Logan's lack of participation, Matthew has been even more motivated to teach him.



Anyway, back to topic. In between station 2 and 3 they played with one of those parachutes that you play with in gym in elementary. You know what I'm talking about! I LOVED those as a kid! Logan seemed to enjoy himself.


Then at the very end they had "Larry" (or Lenny, or something....) the Legacy Lion mascot come and visit. Logan was a bit apprehensive about him and when I asked him later why he didn't go say hi he said, "I guess I'm too shy." I don't even know how he knows that word or what it means.



All in all it was fun and I'm glad we did it. But I have to admit that I'm kind of glad it's over.

0 comments: