CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

New addition to the family.....

Last month we went up to my cousin's house in Northern Utah to pick up a piano. It originally belonged to my grandparents on my Dad's side and since there are only 7 grandchildren on that side of the family and none of them were married or had a house of their own at the time that they passed away, there was nowhere for it to go. So my cousin on my Mom's side offered to "store" it at her house.....and that's where it's been the last 12 or so years. We've been dying to get our hands on it for a while now since September and Kya have been taking piano lessons for a few years and for the time being all we had was a keyboard. Things never worked out to go get until.....until last month finally. When we got there, this cute itty-bitty kitty greeted us at the door. It was love at first sight! Now you have to understand, I am a cat-lover BUT I am very picky about cats that I like. We've actually had 3 cats since we've been married and long story short, for one reason or another none of them lasted very long. After the last one (about 6 years ago) we had decided for multiple reasons that we would just never do another cat.....or any other pet for that matter. But then I laid eyes on this sweet thing. I loved it and cuddled it while the men got the piano moved into the trailer. My cousin kept telling me I could take it if I wanted and I kept telling her, "No, no, we can't do animals." Then as we were getting ready to leave I was saying my goodbyes and then Matthew said those magical words that I'm sure he has possibly regretted every now and then since....."If you really want her you can have her." Oh crap! I couldn't say no after that! So the next thing I know we were off and there was an itty-bitty kitty on my lap! She slept pretty much the whole way home.

The kids were SOOO excited when they saw her. All of them were really nervous about holding her at first though. I love this picture of Kya "trying" to hold her.....

Look how awkward Ember is trying to hold her.

Could you BE any lazier? Seriously?!?

We named her Q-Tip because as you can see she has a dark tail with a little white tip. Mostly we just call her "Q". We considered a suggestion my friend made to call her "Finch" in homage to our first cat that she is a complete replica of. His name was Atticus from "To Kill a Mockingbird". We considered it for a while, but Q just seemed to fit and the name had already stuck with the kids.

Logan is often found snuggling with her.

She got STUCK jumping down off of Logan!
Not joking. It was hilarious!

Peyton absolutely ADORES her and the first thing out of her mouth every morning is, "Where's kitty?" So one morning I decided to take her to her. I went in and Peyton had apparently gotten too hot and had undressed herself!
Peyton would hold her non-stop if you let her. She's actually pretty good with her for a 2 year old.....all things considered.
So far she has been a GREAT cat. She can be very playful and fun, but she'll also just sit and cuddle with you. I have to admit, life feels a little more complete with a pet!

0 comments: