CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House

We have had the absolute privilege of going to not one, but TWO temple open houses both within 15 minutes of us, and both within a 5 month period! All I can say is WOW, we are so blessed! Back in July we went to the Open House for the Oquirrh Mountain temple in South Jordan. (I think that's what city it's considered to be in.) Do I even need to say how unbelievably beautiful it was!! The thing is, ALL temples are beautiful....but there are some that just "speak" to us more than others. Well, this was one for me. The chandeliers are so cool and breathtaking! They kind of have a star-shape to them. It was just so beautiful I can't even describe it! Something else I can't describe.....the spirit that I felt while we were there. Again, just like all temples are beautiful but some stand out to you more for some reason......the same goes for the spirit felt. You can feel the spirit so strongly in all temples, but there are some temples in which you just feel a different, even more powerful spirit that you feel such a personal connection to. And this one was one for me. I have my personal, private thoughts for why I think I felt this way, but we'll just have to wait and see what the future holds.

I can't even begin to express how blessed I feel to be surrounded by so many temples. They have begun to mean more and more to me this past year as Matthew and I have made a valiant effort to go at least once a month. I have SEEN the blessings pour into my family's lives as promised to us by our prophet, by following this counsel. I have gotten to the point where I realize that I can't afford NOT to go. Our parents have been so great to take turns watching our kids so that we can go and we have been so thankful for their willingness.

We went with my in-laws and it was on the second to last night that they were doing the Open House, so it was BUSY! The kids started having a rough time while waiting in line, but then this cute little girl below started entertaining them. Peyton thought she was an "angel". Too cute!

0 comments: