CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Fun in the sun in St. George

We invested in a timeshare back in October of last year with great intentions of traveling more. Well, life got crazy and we never got any trips planned. The kids had been begging to go somewhere with a pool, so one day on a whim Matthew and I sat down and booked a trip to St. George. We went in July. It was at a time in our lives when our family really needed a much-deserved vacation. It was such a simple trip, but we had SO much fun!

The kids got so excited about seeing palm trees! I'll admit it, so did I. That's one thing I LOVE about St. George. It's so close to home, but because of the palm trees and sunny weather, there are moments where you feel like you're somewhere tropical. :)


The second day we were there we took the kids over to the St. George temple grounds. The kids LOVED it. We told them about how their Great Grandpa Cluff used to be the groundskeeper there. They thought that was pretty cool. We had a great time just playing around on the grounds. Is that bad? I promise it was reverent fun. Can those two words exist in a sentence together?




We went over to Brigham Young's winter home and took a tour. By the time we got there the kids were pretty worn out and done. I don't think they got much out of it. I remember going on the tour when I was about 12 and I didn't get much out of it, so why would I have expected much less? However, going through as an adult was pretty cool and interesting. I learned a lot of things that I didn't know. One thing is for certain, that man was SMART for having a winter home down in St. George. When I'm older that's exactly what I want to do!





We spent the majority of the time in the pool. This was after all the point of the trip in the kids minds!


We met a fun family from Ogden. The Dad (Mark) had so much fun playing and teasing our kids and his two teenage daughters. All the kids teased him back and eventually ganged up on him. Logan took his "noodle" and kept filling it up with water and would blow one end with his mouth to shoot the water out at him. Mark totally hammed it up to make Logan feel so cool. He thought he was hilarious!


Our room had a "murphy bed" (ya know, the kind of bed that folds up into the wall). The three older kids thought it was so cool, they insisted on sleeping on it all together.

On our way home we detoured up through Cedar Mountain to stop at the Cluff reunion. On the way up the mountain we needed a little break so we stopped at Navajo Lake.


The kids enjoyed playing in the dirt up on the mountain!


What a fun and relaxing trip. I think we may have to make it a yearly one!

1 comments:

Donna Stocking said...

The murphy bed room looks like the same room we stayed in when we went to St. George when you kids were little. I wonder??? I have a picture somewhere.