CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 21, 2009

My early Christmas present.

Here I am 1 1/2 months behind on my blogging again! Day after day I feel guilty that I haven't done better. Then yesterday I was (fortunately and unfortunately) given an opportunity to catch up.

Yesterday morning we were racing around (as usual) to get ready for church. We were in an even bigger rush than usual because Matthew and I had forgotten that we had agreed to sub for September's primary class and we didn't have a lesson prepared. In my hurry I ran up the stairs and tripped, coming down on my foot in a very awkward way. I immediately knew this was an injury that I wasn't going to be walking away from. After waiting it out for an hour we decided it would be best to go to the Instacare to get it x-rayed. We called the Primary President and let her know that we weren't going to be able to sub anymore. Bless her heart, she's only been in for about a month and this time of year there are lots of people out of town or sick and I'm sure she already had people calling left and right at the last minute saying they couldn't make it. September and Kya wanted to go to church so we took Logan and Peyton over to my in-laws while we went to the Instacare. The verdict as of yesterday was that it probably wasn't broken and that it was just a really bad sprain or a torn ligament. So they wrapped it and put one of those special cast shoes on. They almost had to use a "pediatric" sized one because of my freakishly small feet! They also gave me crutches and man oh man, do I have sympathy on anyone who has to use those on an extended basis. I've used them for a total of 5 minutes probably and my armpits HURT!!! Then the Instacare called back today and the actual radiologist had taken a look at the x-rays and thinks it's possible that there IS a fracture! The dr. yesterday did say that sometimes a first x-ray won't show a fracture, and then if you do a second x-ray a week or two later that it can show up clear as day. So they told me to keep doing everything they told me yesterday and if it wasn't starting to feel better in a week or so to go back in and get it x-rayed again. So now it's just a waiting game.

I'm pretty frustrated by this whole thing because I do NOT have time for this. I am constantly on the go, and even more than usual this time of year! But I'm trying to find the silver lining and I guess this is it. I finally have a reason (well, FORCED to have a reason) to sit back and take things easy and get some things done that don't require movement.....like blogging! I'm choosing to look at it as an early Christmas present.....the gift of time! I surely wouldn't have chosen it to go this way, but I know that the Lord knows best and maybe this is what I need right now. So blogging here I come.....

3 comments:

Randi said...

Dang! I'm sorry that happened, but way to have a positive attitude! I really need to catch up on blogging too!

Jan said...

Oh, so sorry to hear about the injury...but glad that we can hear updates through your extra time. Get better soon and enjoy the holidays!

JSSox said...

Ouchie! Was it your right or left foot? Can you still drive a car?