CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Another ode to my husband....

Ironically, Matthew got to put to use a couple of the things from the list I'd made about him yesterday. He woke up this morning not feeling very well.....bad enough to call in sick. Then, the girls came into our room when they woke up and Ember was complaining about not feeling well either. We thought maybe they'd feel better after eating. All Ember got down was some hot chocolate before she wanted to go lay down. Within minutes she was puking hot chocolate all over the living room floor. I was upstairs changing a diaper when I heard her and just the sound of it caused me to start dry-heaving. Matthew just came upstairs and asked what he should clean it up with. Oh my gosh he's wonderful!

Ember felt a lot better after "doing her business", but needless to say, we kept her home from school. So we had two "sickies" who were sick enough to be home, but didn't feel yucky enough to not do anything. I was off doing 'throw up laundry" and the next thing I know......

I come upstairs and there's Matthew and Ember playing Rock Band 2 (which Matthew had just gotten for his birthday). We had played a little bit before we put the kids to bed last night but they really didn't want to stop and were asking when we could play it again. We figured we'd be playing again soon enough that we didn't bother to put all of the instruments away. Apparently with everything still just sitting there, these two found it a little too enticing. I love that they're at least LAYING DOWN to play! Oh boy.

The other thing Matthew got to put to use was his cooking skills. For his birthday he really just wanted to stay home and make a nice big steak dinner. I had every intention of having dinner and his special dessert ready when he got home last night, but all sorts of things came up yesterday that distracted me and, well, I didn't. So when Matthew got home last night (ahead of me who was still at the store!) he just jumped right in and started doing stuff. He had an apron on and everything. Logan saw him with his apron and wanted in on the action. So he got one of the girls little aprons and begged me to put it on him. I couldn't resist taking a picture of my two boys cooking! They were too cute!! So here you go ladies.....proof from what I said yesterday that my husband really is the most amazing husband in the world!


3 comments:

Lindsay Ercanbrack said...

I know this is an older post, so I hope you check my comment, but I want to send you a Christmas card and don't have your address...will you send it to me?

lindsayercanbrack@gmail.com

Thanks!
Lindsay

Kalun and Kristi said...

These are some of the cutest pics I've ever seen. Thank goodness for awesome husbands who love to cook.

September said...

Aren't me and dad cute?