CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Halloween!

We had a really fun Halloween this year. The weather was FABULOUS, which was great considering my girls were all wearing costumes that weren't exactly meant for cold weather. Logan had already done his preschool Halloween party the day before so I didn't have to deal with getting him all costumed along with the girls that morning. And actually, the girls costumes were so simple that I didn't need to help them at all. (We had borrowed them from a friend of mine....what a godsend! I'm not creative enough to make costumes, and I hate spending too much money on something they wear once. So I was very happy when my friend called and said she had a bunch of items that could be used as costumes and if I wanted to come check them out I was more than welcome. I jumped on that offer! Thanks, Katie!!)

Logan with his teacher and preschool class. Logan was one of two pirates in his class, but he wasn't just any old pirate, he was Jack Sparrow. He literally refused to allow us to call him a pirate. He would say, "I'm not a pirate, I'm Jack!"



That afternoon I went and helped out in Ember's classroom for their little Halloween party. Then, of course there was the "school costume parade". After that, a couple friends of mine in the neighborhood had a little Halloween party for the preschool age kids in the neighborhood. They live next door to each other and because they don't have their backyards fenced in between their houses, together they have a great big backyard. They had all sorts of games, blow up toys, pinatas....you name it. So I took Logan and Peyton over to that and they had a good time.








Then once Matthew got home I took the kids over to the neighborhood "trunk-or-treat" over at the church, while Matthew stayed behind and made his dad's "famous" chili. We've decided we're going to start making it a tradition to make the chili every year, not only for the sake of starting a tradition, but also because it seems like we generally don't eat dinner on Halloween and the kids end up OD'ing on candy! So this year we did the trunk-or-treat thing, sat down and had dinner, then let Ember and Kya go out and do a little more trick-or-treating in the neighborhood. We only let the girls have ONE piece of candy that night. For some strange reason I somehow ended up going the ENTIRE day without eating a SINGLE piece of candy! People, you have no idea how crazy that is. That hardly happens every other day of the year, let alone HALLOWEEN! Anyway, all in all it was a fun-filled, yet laid-back day.

3 comments:

Jaimee said...

Looks like a busy day but tons of fun so that makes it worth it I'm sure! Brooklynn was an angel too! Too bad you live so far away they could of been twins!! Amen to the traditional Chili! We have it as a tradition in our family except mine includes cooking the chili in a pumpkin and also scones to go w/it...Nummy nummy num!!!

Donna Stocking said...

The children were adorable. Grandma is glad you posted the pictures. Remember the outfits we use to put together for Halloween??

Kalun and Kristi said...

I have to admit Logan's costume was one of my favorites, He is so cute!