CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 1, 2008

We had to SCRAPE the car this morning!

I just HAD to come and post about this, but first, I have to start this story from last night. I went to the store last night and as I was leaving the store....it started to SNOW! When I got home, I was parking the car (I drove Matthew's car because it was in the driveway behind the Pilot because the city is doing some work on our sidewalks - they had to jackhammer an area out and repour the cement because it had sunk). It's on the side of the driveway that leads to where Matthew parks in the garage, so it makes it almost impossible to park his car in the garage, so he's just been parking in the driveway for the past couple days. Well, Matthew came out to help me get the groceries and I asked him if he wanted me to try to maneuver it into the garage...after all it was snowing and he might have to scrape it in the morning if I didn't. It was just a JOKE! We get up this morning and sure enough, everything, including Matthew's car, is covered in snow. Not a whole lot...but it's May 1st for heavens sake! Anything that is sticking at this time of year is ridiculous! Earth to the weather....you can STOP snowing...it's May now!! I was talking to a friend of mine the other day and she said, "Global warming, my foot." (Well, maybe it wasn't foot, I don't remember exactly what word she said, but anyway it was funny.) And today was case in point!

O.k. I had to post this picture for three reasons: 1) To show the lovely orange things in our yard. 2) To show how blue the sky looks...why is it SNOWING? O.k. I guess there are quite a few clouds, but still. And 3) Look at my neighbor's yard?! Why is the snow sticking to virtually every other yard on the block EXCEPT theirs. I would think that it's because they did something special to their lawn, which would probably mean that it looks amazing, but no, their lawn looks as crappy as ours. (Sorry Meredith...but we know how crappy our lawns are, right? Especially compared to the Larson's! Ugh! ;) But for the record, the snow was sticking to their "perfect" lawn, too. Weird! I seriously sat out front for a while this morning trying to figure it out, but I just couldn't. Meredith, if you're reading this, any thoughts? Seriously, I'm stumped!)


O.k. I have to tell another funny story that happened this morning and it kind of has to do with the snow thing, so whatever. So Logan was helping me make a smoothie for breakfast and he was sitting on a stool to be up high enough by me. Well, because he was on the stool, he was able to see outside into the backyard. He started pointing at all of the snow and getting all excited....then he turned and looked over to the side and saw the shed in the backyard and said, "Look, it's Daddy's house!" He's actually said it before, but it was still just as funny! Yes folks, I make my husband live in the shed in the backyard. He's only allowed to come in to eat and use the bathroom. ;)


Here's Matthew's "house". ;)

0 comments: