CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 26, 2008

Completing the BOM!

I finished a very big feat (for me) 10 days ago. I finished the Book of Mormon! My goal was to do it in 97 days to go along with the Hinckley challenge that someone created (to honor President Hinckley by reading the BOM in 97 days.....the number of years old he was when he passed away). Well, I have to admit that I didn't quite do it....I was 5 days late! BUT, I finished. It's only my second time personally reading it front to back (or in this case I actually listened.....Matthew downloaded the audio book onto my ipod). I have started it a gazillion times, but only finished twice. I gained an even stronger testimony this time around. It's interesting how you can read the same things over and over and yet get a different message with the same passages. I want to take a quick second to bear my testimony that I KNOW that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God and I am so thankful for him and for everything he did to restore Christ's church. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the only true church on the earth today, and I am thankful to be a member. :)

0 comments: