CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 30, 2008

Do you remember these???


I came across something tonight that not only brought back memories, but brought tears to my eyes.....from laughing so hard. I just HAD to come and post about it. O.k. who remembers making the "thing" I have pictured above? You know them....the things that you make and then write special messages on the inside that participants will be revealed once they have been through the whole "pick a number" and "pick a color" stage. What on earth are they called??? Anyway, September has started making these lately and tonight I found one laying on the end table. It had one of the flaps laying open so I could read the inside message. They were kind of funny so I read them out loud to Matthew. Then, I opened up the other flaps. Oh my gosh, I laughed so hard reading them to Matthew I couldn't even finish the sentence!! So I just had to share them with all of you so you could all have a laugh as well. Here they are in the order that I read them:

-You'll do good in school next year! (Normal enough, right?)
-Somebody loves you. (Oh, how sweet.)
-You'll be a good mom or dad! (Getting a little strange for a 2nd grader.....but just wait!)
-You'll break an arm on Christmas.
-You'll get a bloody nose on Valentine's Day.
-Your toenail will fall off on St. Patrick's Day.
-You'll be blind on your birthday.
And last but not least....
-You'll be what you've always wanted to be on Martin Luther King Jr. Day!!!

What on earth is wrong with that girl? I'm a little nervous. Well, I hope you've all enjoyed my daughters morbid thoughts!

3 comments:

Janelle Ehat said...

Laura that is way too funny! I'm trying not to laugh out loud right now because all of my kids are asleep! So stinking cute!

Rogers Family said...

Laura & Matt,
I just discovered your blog tonight. It is great! I wish I knew about it sooner. I can't believe how much your girls have grown up....I still remember when they were little toddlers and you were pregnant! I loved the pictures of you guys at the Jazz game. I haven't seen Kalun & Christy forever...I wonder how they are doing too. We should all get together and have another get together on a Sunday and call it a PJ reunion....ha, ha, ha.
Seriously, it would be great to see you guys all again.
Kristen (and Mike Rogers)

Hadlock Hideaway said...

I remember doing these! That's hilarious! Thanks for sharing!