CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Great American Road Trip

I have a few things I need to get on and post about, but I've been wanting to post about this for a few days and since it's kind of time-sensitive, I thought I'd hurry and do it before it's too late. I'll post other stuff later.

So my brother, Joey, is taking part in "The Great American Road Trip" right now. Him and a couple of his friends are traveling to all 48 lower states and they plan to do it all in about 5 days. They're trying to break the best publicly known record which is 5 days 7 hours 15 minutes....I think, don't quote me! They don't allow records anymore in the Guinness Book because of concerns about speeding. So they won't make it in the book, but they'll have bragging rights! They left Sunday morning in Vermont (after taking a couple days to drive THERE of course) and will be finishing the trip at 4 corners on Friday morning if things go as planned.

I think they're a little nuts....but I have to say that I'm a bit jealous. It sounds kind of fun! I think they're living a dream for a lot of people. In fact, they have a camera attached to the dash that takes a picture once every minute. So at the end of the trip they'll have a little movie of all of the views from their trip. Way cool! I can't wait to see it. They've been getting all sorts of attention from media across the country, and here locally in Salt Lake. They have set up a blog that they're updating daily with their iPhones, so if you want to check it out, go to: www.greatamericanroadtrip.us. A lot of the comments that have been left are from people all over the country that have seen them as they have been driving!

Anyway, good luck, Joey! DRIVE SAFE! I love you!!!

2 comments:

Jeff & Melesa Loosle said...

I saw Joey on KSL.com That is awesome! It is so funny how I do not even recognize Joey. Wow have we all grown to fast! Hope all is well with you and the fam.

Krista Griffiths said...

What a trip! I kept checking his blog every couple of days to see how they were doing! Something that he will remember forever that is for sure!! Glad he is home safe!!!