CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Baby Shower 2nd Grade Style

Libby, September, Mrs. Dastrup, Emily

So September's teacher is (I guess I should say was) pregnant, and the cute little room mom threw her a baby shower that they did during class and invited all the parents to come if they could. I just love her teacher and I think it's a great feat to be pregnant as a teacher, so there was no way I was going to miss it. It was a blast! They played some games that would have been kind of dorky if it was a shower for adults, but because it involved the kids it was so much fun. They did the one where you measure out a piece of string and cut it to the size you think is the pregnant persons "girth" (that word makes me giggle!). The kids were awfully flattering. Some of them had pieces of string that would probably barely make it around their waist! And yet after telling September that her piece was barely bigger than me, she ended up taking like 3rd place. That made me feel a little self-conscious. ;) Then they did the diaper changing race to see who could do it the fastest. You could tell who had little brothers and sisters and who didn't. September took like 3rd in that one too. I wasn't surprised with that one....we call her the "second mother". Anyway, it was a lot of fun. Her teacher ended up having her baby about 4 days later, which was about 2 weeks ago, so September has had a substitute and will have a substitute til the end of school. She's kind of sad because she really loved her teacher, but she might come in for the last day of school.

September and her friends, Libby and Emily, with their "girth strings".

Mrs. Dastrup measuring September's string.

Mrs. Dastrup and the string winner, Bridger. Yes, he is as short as he looks. September is really small and he's about 6 inches shorter than her! I'm sure Kya is taller than him! He is a little spit-fire though.

September changing her fake baby's diaper.

0 comments: