CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 7, 2008

FHE....is it worth it???

Family Home Evening is a major struggle at our house. We try to have it every week, but most weeks it is so frustrating that by the end I'm ready to ground the kids! Logan is OBNOXIOUS and he gets Kya all riled up, and September tries to get him to listen and only makes matters worse. Matthew and I really struggle with the question of whether or not it's worth it!

Anyway, frustration was no exception tonight. I decided to do the lesson on testimonies. Logan was being a maniac as usual, Peyton was screaming, Kya was distracted by Logan, and September was TRYING to help calm everyone down. After about 45 minutes of chaos, we finally got things mostly under control, I finished the lesson and bore my testimony. Then Matthew bore his testimony and then asked if anyone else would like to bear their testimony. September piped up and said, "I want to, but it's really little." We told her that it was o.k. and encouraged her to share it anyway. So she bore her sweet and simple testimony and it was like everything just went silent and the spirit was there so strongly. I of course cried! What a beautiful end to a frustrating night. I just love that girl!! Then, to top it all off, Matthew asked Logan if he wanted to bear his testimony. "My testimovie...yeah!" So Matthew helped him and he was just grinning from ear to ear so proud of himself. Both of those moments made the whole night completely worth it! Can Family Home Evening be frustrating? Yes! Is it worth it? Absolutely!!

3 comments:

Lindsay Ercanbrack said...

You are a great Mom to do regular FHE...need to start a better tradition! I FINALLY put your link on mine so I'll be able to keep tabs on you. I'm horrible :) Wanted you to know I called Nicole to get together so hopefully we'll talk before the week is over. I'll type her out a note with stuff so she has a "reference" of sorts too. Pictures are so cute! So glad you got some of the girls to conference! Love ya!

Nicole said...

I am laughing just trying to picture it. All I can say is keep doing it! Coming from a family of 7 kids, it was always chaos. But we all look back now and remember those funny experiences and are greatful our parents stuck with it. Just being together as a family is the point. Keep on keeping on!

JakenDebbie said...

I'm glad it worked out in the end...we all have FHE moments like that...probably all the more reason to endure with them!! One thing I found that works...if it's one of those nights where no one can sit still, we do A LOT of singing. Primary songs can work wonders and the kids usually enjoy that. There have been times where we have had mostly singing and just a minute or two of lesson. Of course, it's not a guarantee, but it can work!