CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Give it up for the "THL Ladies"

This past year I have spent my Wednesday mornings volunteering at the Take Home Library (the “THL”) at the girl’s school. It’s great….because I can take my kids. It can be a little frustrating sometimes…because I have my kids! Sometimes I wonder if I’m even any help because I’m constantly distracted by Logan getting into some kind of trouble. He has a little friend there, Davis, who is almost his same age and is an angel child. I hope Logan didn’t corrupt him. This poor kid would just watch Logan getting into mischief and look at either his mom or me with this look of either, “Do you SEE what he’s doing. He’s being naughty. Make him stop!”, or “Do you SEE what he’s doing. It looks like fun. I’d like to join him, but I need to make sure you’re not watching.” They are funny together.

Anyway, our volunteering is over for the year and I’m both relieved and bummed. It’ll be nice having my Wednesday mornings to myself, but I’ll miss being forced to get out and be around adults. I made some great friends this year and in fact, they’re the ones that inspired me to start this blog. I’ll miss you Heather and Deborah! We need to get together and do something. But if not, we always have our blogs to keep up on each others lives, right?

Quietly eating pretzels for the time being....

Logan & Davis didn't like having to go back and forth to get pretzels, so they decided to just hop in the cupboard WITH the pretzels. Good thinkin' boys!

Here's just part of the room, which doesn't show near what a disaster it turns into by the time we're done. You can however, see Logan and Davis peaking out from the pretzel cupboard. :)

Hard at work!

Here's Heather! :)

Here's Deborah!

0 comments: