CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye Pilot.....Hello Armada!!!

Can YOU tell the difference between the top picture and the bottom picture. Because apparently most people can't! :) We replaced the Pilot with an Armada three and half weeks ago....and only a handful of friends and family have even noticed. I guess most people just don't notice cars or deal with them as much as we do. Or maybe people have just lost track of what vehicle we currently have. (After all, this is #16 for us!) And sure, they're both SUV's and they're both silver, but come on people! They're totally different. It's not that I really care that people haven't noticed, I actually think it's kind of funny. It just shows me how different people are. I am just someone who notices things like that pretty easily. Oh well, what other people haven't noticed yet, we certainly have. Like how much more ROOM it has! Don't get me wrong, we LOVED our Pilot. Best car we'd ever had. It was great for hauling kids all over town. But going on vacation....ha! It just did not have much cargo space. And I think the kids were sick of holding all of their own luggage on their laps with them. I'm only half joking. But the Armada has SOOO much more room!!! I was a little nervous that it would feel too big and I'd be scared to drive it, but I actually feel VERY comfortable. It's actually great for little people like me because the foot pedals adjust and come up higher so I don't have to sit really close in order to reach them.

It was kind of sad to say goodbye to the Pilot. After all, we'd had it for 3 1/2 years, which is a LONG time for us! We'd been back and forth for a while between getting a bigger car (we'd had an Armada in mind for over a year) or just getting a car top carrier to use for vacations. Big problem though, the Pilot didn't have a luggage rack. We've been traveling quite a bit lately and plan on doing a lot more in the coming years, so we started looking more seriously at Armadas. We thought it would be at least another year away before we could afford to do it, but then we saw the beauty in the picture below at an unbelievable price that we just could not pass up. AND it had pretty much everything we were looking for.....not necessarily fancy bells and whistles, but things that were important to us. So even though it's been in the plans for quite a while now, it was still a pretty spontaneous decision. And one that I don't regret one bit!!

3 comments:

Ala & Kevin said...

Congrats on the new wheels! We wanted an Armada too at one point but it just didn't have enough room for our family of 8 so a Ford mega van that seats 12 seemed to fit. The Armada is soooooo nice and you can totally tell the difference between a Pilot and Armada.

JSSox said...

that'll be handy next weekend. I cant wait to see it.

Lisa said...

I drove past our place to check on the property the other day on the way to a Dr. apt and your garage was open and I saw it there and it was the first thing that I noticed! I have to be honest, I don't know much about Armada's but it looks awesome! I want to take a peek inside.