CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Piano recitals

First of all I would like to say that my mother-in-law is a saint! A few years ago for Christmas my in-laws gave us a keyboard for Christmas as our family gift. Shortly after, my mother-in-law started giving September piano lessons. (As soon as she was reading well enough.) Originally she told us that she could only do it for a short while (just the basics) and then we'd need to find her a real teacher. Well, here we are 4 years later and she is still doing them....along with Kya who started a couple years later. She has done it all for no charge and she has even always provided all of their books as well. AND, most of the time she comes to OUR house for their lessons! Could it get any better??? What an amazing woman she is and I am very lucky to have her as my mother-in-law! September and Kya both are very musically talented and this has really helped cultivate that talent.

Once a year or so she even has them do a recital. We just got to enjoy one a few weeks ago. They both did a wonderful job!


Here's Kya doing a duet with my mother-in-law.

September performing one of her pieces.

September and Keely (my niece, who she also gives lessons to) doing a duet together. These girls LOVE to play the piano together!

0 comments: