CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Riding in a one-horse open sleigh....

My kids love the part of Jingle Bells where it talks about riding in a one-horse open sleigh and have thought it would be a fun thing to do. And this year they got to do just that! There's a bunch of shops up near my parents house that puts on this event every year where some of the shops have little stands out front with goodies that you can go around and snack on. A few of the shops have different special deals going. Some were giving away freebies. Plus, there was Santa.....and even more exciting than Santa.....a horse drawn carriage ride!!! That was the single most thing the kids were looking forward to and indeed it ended up being the highlight of their night! It was a pretty chilly night (it was one of the first big snowfalls of the season), but we all bundled up and had a great time! I think it may be a new tradition!

My Mom carrying around my little Eskimo! Too cute!!


Here we are on the carriage ride. I wish we could have gotten a picture with all of us in it, but we had to take a picture of one side and then have them take a picture of our side.

Does my face look a bit tan? O.k. it's freakishly tan! There was a salon offering free spray tans for your face. I couldn't pass that one up! It looked ridiculous that night, but it actually looked pretty great the rest of the week. I would totally consider doing it again if it didn't cost an arm and a leg.

Here are the kids standing in front of the "our" horse. (There were 2 different carriages.)


They had these cool little portable fire pits set up every few feet. It gave the place a really cool look and helped keep us warm.

We went over to the boutique shop that my Mom has some items in. Peyton settled right in to this little rocking chair and found this stuffed animal.

0 comments: