CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 22, 2008

Photo shoot!

Anyone who knows me well knows that I'm a picture-taking fanatic. Photography is a major hobby of mine and I'd love to eventually take some classes to learn more. In the meantime it's just a fun hobby. I try not to be too obsessive with doing it that my children hate me and are annoyed with me for taking their pictures too much. If it ever got to that point, I'd have to give up photography before I'd let my kids hate me.

A couple times a year I like to take the kids out to a nice park or something specifically to take some nice pictures. It's been a while since I've done it and I've been wanting to get some taken, at least some of September to use for decorations for the brunch after the baptism and for her baptism invitations. So last Saturday I decided to seize the moment and take the kids over to this park that I've been dying to go to for about 4 years. It's right off the freeway in between PG and AF and every time I pass it I long to take the kids there someday for a photo shoot. They have a couple old structures that I always thought would be so cool to take pictures at. Well, early in the morning I started to stress about what to have the kids wear and in the end I decided that I didn't want it to ruin my day and get stressed out over something that's ultimately not that important. So I decided that I'd focus on getting pictures of September for now, and if the other kids were in a good mood and wanted their pictures taken, that I'd take them in between. So I dressed everyone in at least decent clothes just in case. As it turned out, all of the kids ended up wanting their pictures taken and were very cooperative, so it actually worked out. I didn't have to bug them, they were asking me. I like it that way. I ended up getting some pretty cute shots of all of them. None all together, but that's not what I was ever planning on. We'll try some of those in the fall when Matthew can come with me to help me get their attention. In the meantime, some nice singles, and a couple here and there of just the girls, will have to do. Here are a few (o.k. a LOT) of my favorites. There were too many cute ones to pick from!






















4 comments:

Rochelle said...

Great Pictures! you're hired:)

Kalun and Kristi said...

It's about time you updated your blog! Those pics all turned out so good, I guess we know who should take our next pictures!

Dale and Tabitha said...

Your kids are so cute. We need to see each other more often.

N Stocking said...

Hey sis.
Well, you seem to be a great photographer, but you also have the cutest models, so it makes it all too easy for you.