CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Where has the time gone?

Wow! It's been two months since I've posted anything. I'm not exactly sure where the time has gone. But I've been feeling guilty and stressed about being so behind, so I thought I'd quickly post and let everyone know what we've been up to.

Well, since one of the last things I posted about was September's baptism, I guess I'll start there. It turned out to be a wonderful day. Our Stake Primary leaders are so amazing and on top of things and just help make it such a great day. The actual baptism was very emotional for me. I got to stand right next to the font and watch from the side. I cried. Tears of joy. Nothing quite prepares your heart for that moment. She looked so cute in her little jumper and so beautiful in her new white dress. We weren't so sure we were going to go with an all-white dress, and had a very hard time finding one. But just a few days before the baptism I took her out shopping with me and after scouring about 6 more stores, we found a beautiful dress......it was the last one left and it was the perfect size. It was meant for her. ;) The brunch afterward turned out great. We had so many people come and September just loved all the attention. The weather turned out great and it all just went so smoothly. I was quite surprised. Matthew and I stayed up til about 2 in the morning getting things made and all the chairs and tables set up, so if it hadn't gone smoothly, boy would that have been a waste of time. ;) I'm so proud of September and her decision to be baptized. She is such an amazing girl and we just love having her as a part of our family.

She happened to get baptized on the same day as a girl in her class at school. They'd only been in school for two weeks at this point and the girl was new, but they were both so excited and thought it was so great to share their special day with each other.



A few days after the baptism, Logan started PRESCHOOL! I debated over whether to participate in a preschool co-op with Logan like I did with Kya, but in the end I decided that it was not something I wanted to do. I have too many things going to add one more thing to my life right now. Then, I debated whether or not to even have him do preschool for this year and thought about just holding off until next year. But then one of my friends in the ward decided to start a preschool. I'd actually joked with some other friends that she needed to do it because she would be so perfect, so when I heard that she was going to I was very excited and was like, "Where do I sign up?" She used to teach 1st grade and actually already had a little preschool type set up in her basement. She is a wonderful teacher and Logan just loves her. He looks forward to going to school and seeing "Ms. Patty". Plus, a couple of his best friends in the neighborhood, Jake and Gavin, are in his class. It's just a few houses around the corner so I just walk him over and it takes all of 2 minutes. It has been great to have him in something not only for him, but for me!

When did my little man grow up!?!


I just love the look on his face in this picture. He looks so disgusted! After posing for 500 pictures, he was done I guess.


Well, fall is definitely here! It came way too quickly for me. I wasn't finished with summer, but then suddenly here we are. I love fall, but I hate the fact that it means that winter is coming soon. But I've tried not to think about that and just enjoy fall this year. We went over to "Cornbelly's" a couple weeks ago. It's a thing they do every year over at Thanksgiving Point that has a corn maze and a bunch of other activities for little kids. It's very expensive (normally $10.50 a person), but one of the local radio stations was sponsoring a day where we could get in for .93 each. Matthew and I had been wanting to take the kids this year despite the cost, so when I heard about this deal I knew we had to do it. So we called the Merrill's and had them come with us and we had a great time.

It sure doesn't look like fall based on what the kids are wearing. It was the most perfect weather the night we went. It seemed strange to be participating in fall activities while wearing such summery clothing.










They have an area where you can buy pumpkins and hay bales and such, so a few days later for Family Home Evening we went back and bought some things to decorate the porch with. I think fall is my favorite time of year to decorate the house. I just love the way it looks. I think I need to get rid of the flowers in my flower bed. They're kind of clashing with the harvesty fall look. ;)

Kya and Logan sitting on the hay bale on the front porch.

I have a lot more to post about....mostly our fun trip to California last week....but it's late and I'm ready for bed. I promise I won't wait two months before I post about it though. Promise!

1 comments:

SNSsoup said...

How fun you guys got to go to California and spend so much time at Disneyland with the kids! You got some gr8t pictures of your family through out the vacation. I especially LOVED the beach pictures. It's been abt. 6 months since our last trip to Disneyland and San Diego and I'm desperate ALREADY to go back; I was jealous the instant Spencer told me you guys were going. Couldn't I have gone as your nanny or something? Just kidding of course. Glad you guys had fun! Too bad you guys never got to the Wild Animal Park.