CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 22, 2008

8 days to go!

September's baptism is coming up next Saturday and I'm getting really nervous! Is she prepared? Have we taught her everything she needs to know? Aughhh! I'm so stressed about it but I'm trying to remind myself that we've done our best job of raising her and teaching her and she'll keep learning as she gets older. It's not like she needs to know EVERYTHING right now. I mean come on, what 8 year old fully understands exactly what is going on on their baptism day? You don't fully understand or appreciate the significance of the day until you're older, sometimes MUCH older. So I'm trying to relax and just be excited for this very special day. But then I start stressing about the brunch we're going to be having after. And when I start doing that I have to remind myself that in the end it's not the brunch that's important. I want to focus on the important things that day. In the end, if the brunch goes to pot (the same way the double-birthday fiasco did a few weeks ago) oh well. As long as September has a nice day and makes memories that will last the rest of her life, that's what's important. I just have to keep reminding myself of that.

And speaking of reminders.....I guess this post can serve as one final reminder to all of you that we've been inviting to the baptism over the past few months. With postponing the whole thing a couple months I feel like we've forgotten to "re-invite" some of you and tell you the new information about the date and time. So for those of you who are unaware of the date and time, it is next Saturday, August 30th at 9 am. I know it's early and it's on Labor Day weekend, but we didn't pick it. Our Stake does baptisms all together once a month and next weekend just happens to be when it is this month. It will be at our church which is just around the corner from our house. If you've never been to our house and need an address and instructions, let me know.

As I mentioned earlier, we are doing a brunch following the baptism. We would love to have anyone come who would like to celebrate this special day with September. We did send out "formal" invitations to a handful of people, but if you did not receive one it does not mean that you are not invited. Please accept this "post" as your invitation. :)

0 comments: