CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 22, 2008

First Day of School

Well, we've almost made it through the first week of school! Things have already gone a LOT smoother than they did last year. I was on the verge of a breakdown every day for like the first MONTH of school last year. I'm sure the fact that I had just had a baby like two weeks before school started didn't help.

So far the kids are LOVING school. September is in 3rd grade and her teacher isn't new like we thought she was. She just happened to get married a few months ago and changed her name. Kya is in 1st grade so she is now gone all day as well. When we went last week to check who her teacher was and who was in her class, we didn't recognize anyone. I was a little nervous for her but kept telling her how exciting it was that she'd get to make a bunch of NEW friends. My feigned enthusiasm worked and she was excited about the situation instead of nervous. Eating in the cafeteria has been a new experience for her and she's still figuring things out. She hasn't had enough time to eat all her food (after all lunch time is also recess time and if you spend it all eating you don't get to play.....and come on, what's more important???) so she often comes home with food left in her lunchbox. And then there was yesterday where she didn't eat lunch at all. She apparently didn't hear me tell her that she was supposed to eat lunch at school. (Thursday is pizza day and I had always let September eat at school that day as a treat.) But Kya hadn't heard me say that and she went to go to lunch and noticed that I hadn't packed her a lunch. So she didn't eat! The poor girl!!

Logan will be heading off to preschool in a week and a half and he is getting very excited. He even had to strap on his backpack to go to the bus stop with the girls on Monday. He'll have to wait to actually use the backpack though. In the meantime he has loved having a little more attention. Over the weekend we helped a neighbor move and they had a trampoline that they weren't going to be able to take with them so they gave it to us. So on Monday while the girls were at school, he helped me put it together. I originally brought his soccer ball out back for him to play with while I put it together, but he would have none of that. He was very insistent on helping me. He helped me bring all the pieces to the backyard. I would carry a handful and he would "drag" one small piece. But he was so proud of himself. Then he went around putting the springs in......a couple here, one there, three over here, etc... He was all business! And every once in a while he would say, "Mom, this is hard work!" It was one of the cutest moments I've ever shared with him. I look forward to spending more time with my funny little guy.





0 comments: