CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Kylee is here!!!

Me holding Kylee....or at least a picture of her. Read on to find out why this was my only option.

Well, the day has FINALLY come.....Lisa had her baby today! It all happened so fast that it's still a little surreal. She had a dr's appointment this afternoon and shortly after her and Kyle left to go to it, our whole family left to go to the dentist. As soon as we got out I tried calling Lisa to see how the appointment went and Kyle answered and said he was just about to call me and that Kylee had JUST been born a few minutes earlier. I totally thought he was kidding and wouldn't believe him. Even after I hung up I kept waiting for him to call me back to tell me he was joking. But it wasn't a joke.....Kylee is here!

So here's the scoop.....Lisa went to the dr and it was just a pretty basic check up. Everything was fine and she was still dilated to a 3. But as soon as they left, she suddenly felt a little "moist" and realized that it was probably her water breaking. So they called the dr. and he told them to go to the hospital. Everything progressed very quickly and she didn't even get her epidural until she was dilated to 9 1/2 centimeters!!! It barely kicked in before the actual birth. The dr. barely made it in the door and didn't even have time to get a gown on before he looked and realized that this baby was on it's way out. Lisa gave a little "half push" and she was out!

Lisa had tested positive for strep B and since everything went so quickly, they weren't able to get enough antibiotics into her, so they had to do an IV on Kylee and give her the antibiotics. So she's strapped in in the nursery so they can't bring her to Lisa.....and Lisa can't go to her because she's having bleeding issues. At first they were worried she was hemorrhaging like she did with her oldest, but they were able to get it controlled and started her on some pitocin to help.

So things were and are a little crazy right now, but all in all things went well. Mom and baby are doing well all things considered. Kylee weighed in at 6 lbs. 8 oz. and I'm not sure on the length. The nurses took some pictures and even got them printed and gave them to Lisa within the first couple hours. So cool! And since I wasn't able to physically see Kylee when I went to the hospital, it was nice to at least see pictures. From what I see so far, she is a BEAUTY! All of Lisa's babies have always been beautiful!

So there you have it. We will have a new baby around the house in a couple days and I am SO excited! It will be fun to have a baby here at our house and not only did I not have to go through nine months of misery or a painful childbirth, but I also don't have to deal with the post-birth pains and yucky stuff or having to get up in the middle of the night for a crying baby. I just get to do the fun stuff and I am looking very forward to it!!!

Congratulations Lisa and Kyle!!!


3 comments:

Donna Stocking said...

Congratulations Lisa and Kyle. You look too good for just having a baby. Did you make Laura wait until you had your makeup on beforfe you let her take a picture? :)

The Christensens said...

Gotta Love fast deliveries!;)

September said...

It will be so much fun having another baby in the house.