CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Ready or not, here I come!

So one of the things that has gotten me all stressed out this week is preparing for GIRLS CAMP! We leave on Monday and it has not been without the usual last minute drama! But despite all of that and all of the stress it has created, I am getting SOOOO excited!!!! I absolutely LOVE Girls Camp! Some of my favorite memories growing up are from Girls Camp. Good times! When I received my call as Young Women’s President, that was one of the first things I thought of was that I’d get to go to camp. My first experience last year as a leader turned out amazing! I was 7 ½ months pregnant, but I was very blessed and felt great and loved every minute of it. I always slept in tents during my days as a YW and that’s how it was last year (only I actually slept in my car!), but this year we are actually going up to a new campsite that I’ve heard is the Marriott of all Girls Camps. It has cabins, hot showers (you only get 1 during the week), and fridges for the food. There’s also ropes courses, canoeing and all sorts of other crazy activities. I was a little bummed to be honest when I first heard that that’s how it was going to be this year because that’s not Girls Camp to me…..but I’ve gotten over it and decided that it’ll still be fun. I love the smell of campfire and always want to be at Girls Camp every time I smell that smell. Woo hoo Girls Camp, here I come!

3 comments:

Lindsay Ercanbrack said...

Laura...I've been thinking about you lately and your upcoming girls camp adventure. Have so much fun this week. I'm actually sad I'm not going with you :( Tell the girls I say hello. Will love to hear all about it when you get home. Also heard Rachel is moving?

Hadlock Hideaway said...

Good Luck at girls camp and have a blast! Sounds like my kind of camp!

Kalun and Kristi said...

Alright after constant harassment from everyone we know we have started a blog, it is still a work in progress, but check it out...
kalunandkristi.blogspot