CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy Birthday, September!

So like I said, September turned 8 on Monday! Just last week I was bringing her home from the hospital, and then bam, she’s 8! It has flown by way too fast! She is such an amazing girl and we are so lucky to have her in our family. She’s super-smart (I wish I could take credit for it, but it’s all her), a great helper (we call her the “second mother” – I’m not kidding, she’s a better mother than I am), and she’s a great friend. She’s the absolute best “first child” you could ask for!

To start off her birthday I took her to get her ears pierced. She has been begging me for months and I’ve been telling her that she could do it as soon as she was willing to take care of them by herself, since the thought of it makes me sick. Yes, I still have virgin ears and always will….that’s how scared of needles I am!!! So anyway, in the past couple weeks she’s been telling me she’s ready and I figured her birthday would be a fun time to do it. I thought she’d chicken out, but she was so brave and hardly flinched.

Then in the afternoon, we took the whole family, and 6 friends she’d invited (that’s the max we could fit in our cars), to Boondocks. It was a lot of fun and only got chaotic right at the end when all of the kids were trying to pick what they wanted to buy with the tickets they’d gotten from the arcade games….”Hmmm, do I want a bouncy ball or a sticker?” We were about an hour and a half later dropping the kids off than we told their parents we would. Oops! But September had fun and all of the kids seemed to enjoy themselves. It turned out to be a fun day and the weather actually cooperated and was beautiful!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY SEPTEMBER!!!

Showing off her new dress from Dave & Kenia. They always pick the cutest clothes!

September and her new best friend....her Ipod Shuffle! She's a little obsessed with it! :)

Trying out her new hula-hoops from Kalun & Kristi.


Getting ready to cruise on the slick track!



The Party Crew


1 comments:

Hadlock Hideaway said...

Wow! You've been busy! I can't believe she's eight! Looks like it was fun.. Happy Birthday!