CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Joey's & Emily's Big Day


It's official.....Joey is off the market. He and Emily got married a couple weekends ago (May 30th). We have a new sister-in-law and the kids have a new aunt. Although according to Kya, Emily was already her aunt. I saw her writing one day about how her Uncle Joey was marrying her Aunt Emily. Hmmmm..... Anyway, it was a beautiful day! The weather turned out great, but we were nervous about it all day long. It kept threatening to rain, but waited until the reception was over and we were almost done cleaning up. :) I think most everything went smoothly. There were only a couple things that didn't work out. Bonnie and Travis weren't able to get their temple recommends renewed in time (long story!) so they weren't able to make it to the ceremony. And Nick wasn't able to make it to the ceremony either.....or the luncheon. He is living back East and working for the summer, and he missed his flight home.....which led to a whole slew of missed/delayed flights. He finally arrived at about 3 or so that afternoon and was able to be there for the reception, but had to wake up at 3 am to turn around and go back. Poor Nick! I felt so bad! But other than that, I think everything else went very well. The actual ceremony was very sweet. I teared up....a lot. The sealer had some amazing words of advice. One of the things I remembered most was about how you should "RISE in love" not "FALL in love". I loved that!




Joey is on the phone with Nick.....this was our way of getting a shot with Nick in it. ;)

My goofy sister-in-law, Ginger, jumped in front of the camera as I was trying to take a picture. She cracks me up!

My sweet, sweet cousin's daughter, Destiny watched our kids while we were at the temple and then brought them over after the ceremony was over. She was such a great help that whole day! I love her! I also love Kya and Logan in this picture. Hilarious! They're trying to entertain themselves while all the pictures were being taken. Bless their hearts.

Bonnie, Me, Chuck, Emily, Joey, Mom, Dad

Peyton

Emily looked beautiful!

The luncheon was held at Willow Park which is a really cool and fun park up there in Logan. (I totally forgot to get pics!!!) There's a little zoo as part of the park, but we didn't get a chance to go see any of the animals. Everything was great though except that the willow trees were shedding terribly! There were things floating all over in the air. You could hardly talk without one getting caught in your mouth. They were a wonderful addition to the allergies Matthew was already suffering from! I, however, thoroughly enjoyed myself because after one year and one whole extra week.....I had soda for the first time! It was only my mom's homemade root beer, but hey, you gotta ease back in, right?


The reception turned out great. Matthew even described it as "one of the least horrible receptions" he's ever been to. He hates receptions whether they're for close friends/family or very distant relatives. I appreciate him enduring that "trial". It really did turn out very nicely though. It was in Emily's parent's backyard which is beautifully landscaped and had many great areas to take pictures at.

The cool cake.



Peyton was being such a ham for the camera the whole day. I think the official photographer got as many pictures of her as she did of Joey and Emily. ;)


My battery died right after this picture which I was really mad about because they had a fun photo-worthy cake fight. I hate when people are cutesy-wootsy and just feed it to each other nicely, so I was happy about it, just mad that I didn't get any pics.

First dance

My Dad having one last man-to-man talk with Joey before they took off. I don't even want to know what THAT conversation was about.

And they're off......

What a beautiful day! I'm excited to have Emily as part of the family and I'm so happy for both of them. They're such a great couple! I wish them many, many wonderful memories together. I already know they'll have a happy life!

1 comments:

JSSox said...

Ba ha ha ha! That was a great write up Laur. Thanks. My favorite line:

"Matthew even described it as "one of the least horrible receptions" he's ever been to."

And I love your pic of us holding Em up.