CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Today is the day of the wearing of the green...


O.k. it's not actually TODAY...I'm a couple days late. I've been so busy dealing with a SCREAMING child that I haven't been as diligent with my blog as I wanted to be. Let's face it, I'm NEVER going to be able to be as diligent as I'd like to be. But I'll try to do it as often as life will allow.


We had a pretty fun St. Patrick's Day! I tried to find fun activities for the kids to do to keep Logan distracted so he wasn't thinking about his throbbing foot. We ended up making green pancakes for lunch (we didn't have time for breakfast), mint chocolate chip pudding for a snack, and the favorite...."oobleck". It's from a Dr. Seuss boo
k....and basically it's just a mixture of corn starch and water....and in this case, some green food coloring. We used to make this stuff all the time when I was a kid. If you've never done it before, you have got to try it! When you squeeze it together it turns hard, but if you let it just sit, it pretty much turns to a liquid. I'll post some pics of the kids playing with it. It really did help keep Logan's mind off of the pain. YAY! HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY TO US!!!


There is one other thing worth mentioning about SPD. For the past three years, September has made a "leprechaun trap"....only this year she called it a "home" because she felt mean calling it a trap. It is so funny! I LOVE that she's still so sweet and naive. On Sunday night as we were getting the girls in bed, September said, "It is so freaky that leprechauns are real!" I had to try really hard not to laugh! I asked her if it made her nervous to know that the leprechauns were sneaking into her room to sleep in the home she made for them, and she said no, that it was just funny to realize it. She had written them a note (explaining that the socks she put in the bed she made were meant to be used as "sleeping bags") and had requested that they write her back. Then, on Monday morning during breakfast she asked me if Santa Claus and the tooth fairy were real. I am determined not to "lie" to her so I just asked her what she thought. She said, "Well, I KNOW that leprechauns are real, and leprechauns are pretty much just like elves, so that means elves are real, and if elves are real then Santa Claus is obviously real!" I tell ya, she's got it all figured out. But then she asked, "So what about the tooth fairy....is it really you?" I just told her that it's whatever she believes. Personally, I think she's got that one figured out and the only reason she continues to "believe" is because she thinks that if she tells us she knows, that we won't be the tooth fairy anymore and give her money for her teeth. Pretty smart kid! ;)



Well, needless to say, after showing so much faith in the reality of leprechauns, we couldn't disappoint. So I drove around to 4 different places on Monday before I could find some "gold"...ya know, the gold covered chocolate coins. I eventually found some at Partyland where I also found some little shamrock shaped good luck stones. They were too cute I had to buy them. Then I had to craft a note from "Lenny and Lucky". We snuck in after the girls fell asleep and left the "loot". (We of course got some for Kya too even though she didn't have as much involvement.) The girls were so excited when they saw it in the morning. But then September had to go and notice that the stones were actually only THREE LEAF clovers instead of four-leaf ones like Lenny and Lucky had said in the letter. I give up, I guess I don't make a very good leprechaun!

0 comments: