CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 31, 2009

He's growing up....

I have so much other blogging to catch up on, but I just had to make a quick post about the awesome event that happened in our household today.

We've been working with Logan trying to get him to be more responsible and clean up after himself. He's had the job of unloading the silverware from the dishwasher for about a year now, but we decided he was getting old enough to start handling other things.....one of which was making his bed. So I've been working on it with him for the past couple weeks and I usually have to help him a little. Today I asked him to do it and he just said, "Ok Mama," without even asking me to help him. I left the room and it wasn't until a couple hours ago that I went back in and noticed this:


I love that kid!! I thought for sure that someone had helped him, but I asked the girls and they said no and I called him up and I asked him if anyone helped him and he just beamed and with much pride he looked at me and said, "Nope, I did it all by myself!" I love how he even laid out all of his small blankets nicely. Not even I used to do that. I'd just throw all of his extra little blankets in the corner. We'll see how long this new phase lasts, but for now I'll just enjoy the moment! :)

2 comments:

Riddle Girl said...

Definately the moments that make it all worth while! Good job Logan!!!

nancy said...

So I found your blog on the PM cooking mama's. It's kinda stalkerish but I figure since we are neighbors :)

Mine is prematuritywithlove.blogspot.com